which is primarily as a result of good teaching and very positive relationships across the whole academy.’ Ofsted
(Mrs. A. Lusuardi)
At the Academy, we believe that students come to school to learn and achieve in order to live full and enriched lives. We want to empower them to contribute positively to their family, the community and the wider world. The staff, governors and trustees work hard together, along with parents and carers, to ensure that each of our students leaves with a set of results of which they can be proud.
Click here to read more
Admissions for Year 7 September 2020
If you have been offered a place for this September, you will shortly be receiving an admissions pack. The pack contains all the information you will need to enable you to plan for a smooth transition from primary school to The Langley Academy. Please take the time to read the booklets enclosed in the pack which can also be found here:
Please complete ALL sections in the Essential Information Booklet as soon as possible and return to The Admissions Officer at The Langley Academy by 1 May 2020 at the latest. For health and safety reasons The Academy is currently closed to all visitors and therefore unable to accept hand delivered documents. Please use the Royal Mail post or preferably email an electronic version of the booklet to email@example.com
Please ensure any electronic versions of the booklets that you email are named in the following format:
Student Forename Surname - Essential Information Booklet
Student Forename Surname - Free School Meal
Please do not email photocopies or scans of the above booklets as separate pages - this makes it very difficult for our admin to read and process. The PDF is editable and can be saved as detailed in the further information here.
Applications for Year 7 September 2020
• You can apply for a place at a state secondary school online or by using your council’s application form.
• You apply through your local council even if you’re applying for schools in another council area. Details of how to apply to a secondary school if you live in the Slough Borough can be found here:- http://www.slough.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/school-admissions.aspx
• In addition if you wish to apply to the Langley Academy you must also submit the TLA registration form to the Langley Academy by the 31 October 2019.
• A copy of the TLA Registration form can be found on this website, or you can pick one up in person from TLA reception.
• You must attach a passport sized photograph, as instructed, to the TLA registration form.
• On submission of a completed TLA registration form your child will be invited to sit an NFER test to determine general, non-verbal intelligence, which will be held on Saturday 16 November. This enables us to ensure that children of all abilities have an equal chance of being offered a place.
The Langley Academy will be expanding its provision on Monday 15 June for Year 10 and Year 12 students.
Parents will be contacted if and when it is safe to increase this provision.
An overview Statement on our Policies during Covid-19 is linked to this notice for parental information.
TAET Policy Statement during COVID 19
TAET Addendum to Behaviour Policy
Impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) on appeals Year 7 September 2020
If you have submitted an appeal you should have received further information about your appeals hearing from the Clerk to the Independent Appeals Panel. If for some reason you have not please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
Students are being supported to work from home - From Monday 23 March until further notice, all year groups will be expected to work from home unless you have been advised that your child is eligible to come in.
We will be closely monitoring the advice and guidance provided by the Government; should the situation change we will let you know as soon as possible. If you have any questions please email email@example.com
Coronavirus guidance can be FOUND HERE (Updated 7 July 2020)
Guidance on social distancing for everyone in the UK and protecting older people & vulnerable adults – CLICK HERE
The Department for Education has launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Year 11 AIG set for 1 April has been postponed until further notice.
- Communication letter - Mrs Lusuardi
- Communication letter - Name of Trust
- Place2Be Communication by Mrs Lusuardi
- Merger Update Letter from Oona Stannard
- Changes to Term Dates 2018-19
- Ofsted Press Release Letter (2018)
- Timetable 2017-2018
- Restructure Letter
- Timetable Consultation Letter - Proposal to Amend the Academy Day
- Letter To Parents ABC Conduct
- The Langley Academy Appeal Form March 2017
- The Langley Academy Admissions Timetable
- KS 3 Supporting your child through
Photo & Video Galleries | Photo Archive
- The Langley Academy Video
- 6th Form Prom 2018 | Copthorne Hotel |
- Year 11 Prom (2018) | Gallery Link
- Into The Woods 2018 | Gallery Link
- Bushcraft Trip May 2017
- Year 11 Leavers Day 2017
- Year 11 Tate Britain Art January 2017
Interested in training to become a teacher? Click here to book a ticket at TeachSlough’s Open Morning.