which is primarily as a result of good teaching and very positive relationships across the whole academy.’ Ofsted
Our Academy | Pupil Premium
Introduced in 2011, the pupil premium is a sum of money given to schools each year by the Government to improve the attainment of disadvantaged children. This is based on research showing that children from low income families perform less well at school than their peers. The pupil premium is intended to directly benefit the children who are eligible, helping to narrow the gap between them and their classmates.
The school will receive the pupil premium as follows:
• Ever 6 Free School Meals – for every student who is known to have been eligible for FSM since May 2012, the school will receive £935.
• Free School Meals (FSM) – for every student eligible for FSM, the school will receive £935.
• Looked after children – for every student who is in the care of, or provided with accommodation by, an English local authority, the school will receive £2,300.
• Children who have ceased to be looked after by a local authority in England or Wales – for every student who has been adopted, granted special guardianship, child arrangement order or a residence order, the school will receive £2,300.
The way in which the school intends to spend this funding is detailed in the Pupil Premium Strategy Statement below.
Free School Meals
You will be able to claim free school meals for your child if you receive one of the following benefits:
• Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
• Income Support
• Income based Jobseeker's Allowance
• Income related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guarantee element of Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16190)
• Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
You can apply for FSM by clicking the button below.
Apply for FSM