What Is The 16–19 Bursary Fund?
The fund is made available from the government for 16-19-year-olds, to provide assistance to students whose access to, or completion of, education is inhibited by financial constraints or barriers. The new 16-19-year-old bursary scheme has been put in place as a partial replacement for the previous EMA (Education Maintenance Allowance).
Who Is Eligible To Apply For 16–19 Bursary Funding?
The 16-19 Bursary is targeted towards those young people considered most in need of financial support.
There are 2 types of 16 to 19 bursaries:
• A vulnerable bursary of up to £1,200 a year for young people in one of the defined vulnerable groups
• A discretionary bursary which institutions award to meet individual needs, for example, help with the cost of transport, meals, books and equipment.
Who Is Not Eligible For 16–19 Bursary Funding?
• Students under 16 years of age or over 19 years of age on 31 August 2022
• Students who do not meet the residency qualifications
How Does The Academy Assess Applications And Allocate 16–19 Bursary Funding?
The 16–19 Bursary Fund is a limited fund and the Academy will prioritise allocation.
There will be 3 priority groups, categorised as high, medium and low. Applications for the Bursary will be accepted at the beginning of each school year.
Download Supporting Documents below.
In this Section
- Apply for Sixth Form
- Sixth Form Open Evening 2021
- Subject Offer
- 16-19 Bursary
LangleyAcademyPE - Jun 24
TLA Science Faculty - Jun 22
LangleyAcademyPE - Jun 20