- Essential Information
- Personal Development (PSHE, RSE, CEIAG and beyond the curric...
Personal Development (PSHE, RSE, CEIAG and beyond the curriculum)Back
Personal Development (PSHE, RSE, CEIAG and beyond the curriculum)
We want students to develop into healthy, independent, respectful and responsible members of society who can make safe and informed decisions. Personal development at TLA builds on the curriculum and statutory guidance on Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE), Sex and Relationship Education (RSE) and Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG).
To deliver this we endeavour to:
- use student voice and relevant contextual information to inform our planning so that Personal Development at TLA addresses current and future themes of local, national and global importance
- draw on a range of expertise within and beyond the Trust to ensure high quality resources
- work with local and national businesses and organisations to deliver appropriate experiences within and beyond the classroom
- provide a range of enrichment opportunities
We provide our students with opportunities to learn about British Values and to appreciate what it means to be a respectful member of a diverse society through an understanding of Protected Characteristics.
At TLA Personal Development is significantly enhanced by our use of Museum Learning. We believe Museum Learning helps students explore and connect their subjects to gain deeper understanding about people, the planet, profit and power. It gives students the chance to explore identities, understand societies in the past and present and reflect on how they can shape the future.